Sunday, January 21, 2007

Photos from Bunny








OK OK !!! Rian and Ginna called me too.
I do not have many photos as most of ours were burned up in the fire that burned our family home. Maybe Mike and Candy have some... as she is really into scrapbooking and I think may have some of our family photos from Dad.
Rian...call Mike !!

But I have a few and will post them as I get them scanned in.

I thought Nanc would get a kick out of the photo of Uncle Bud and her on the couch... I think that is who it is anyway. (no date)
Baby photo of Laurie and Jay. (no date)
A photo of some of us cousins... Lucky & me (Bunny), Sharon, Lucky, me, Peggi. (no date)
Uncle Bud with friend -- in uniform at Fort Bliss; without shirts in front of his shanty in New Guinea while in Australia.
And Carol... we can't leave you out -- a school photo 1967. After all... you started this whole process ;o)
Then there is a photo of Wes, Marian, Howard, & Dell. The back of photo in (I think) Grandma Pansy's writing says "Sat. night all going to the show. Howard was standing to ease his sore toe." (no date &no names, but I think I got them right)
I thought Aunt Marian (and family) would get a kick out of the photo with the jug of ??? (no date)
I have some of the information that Aunt Marian did on family history from back in the late 80s. But would love anything else anyone has as well.

Would love to get together with everone and look at photos and family history information -- I don't know who everyone is in many of my photos. And with all Grandpa's different wives, I have always been very confused about who everyone is and where we all fit in.

Later, Bunny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bunny,
Loving all these photos, most of which I'd never seen so it's all wonderful. Weren't we cute little kids? :-) That one of Uncle Bud and Nancy is terrific, and you can see all the nostalgic items of that time.
I hadn't remembered a fire in your family....sorry you lost so many cool memories that way. Sharon had a fire years ago and lost hers also. Glad you have the ones you do. I think I have that one of Dad, Mom, Howard and Dell but all the rest are new to me.

Anonymous said...

Look at the height of Uncle Bud and friends...If I remember correctly Uncle Bud was around 6'4" so there must have been a lot of tall guys since both of the friends appear at least as tall as he is.

Carol said...

That couch photo is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Our big family house in Tenmile burned down when I was living up on Whidbey Island.... so must have been about mid 70s. Many of my things were still stored in the attic. But I did have my photo album that Mom had put together for me. Of course... it is mostly of me and our family and not too many of the extended family.

I can remember lots of photos of the horse logging operation and of us cousins... but don't have any of those that I can find. Still looking through the small box of phots that Dad and Laveta gave me.
Will post more soon.

Yes... Uncle Bud was really tall. Nanc probably can tell us how tall. My kids are both pretty tall. Shelly is 6'2" and JP is 6' 1". I used to feel tall at 5'8 3/4, but last Dr. appointment I had shrunk some. Getting old is for the birds!!
Yes we were cute little kids. Now we are cute old farts!! ;o)
Bunny

Anonymous said...

That jug picture looks like Marian to me.