Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Long lost cousin!

Hello from northern Idaho!

I'm your cousin Nikki (St.Clair) Holmes. What a blessing to discover my cousins again! At Christmas I always send Aunt Marion a card and letter but had not been able to get an update on the St.Clair clan. It was great to hear news and look at pictures of all of you!

My husband and I are living in Moscow, ID where he is pastoring and I counsel and work at a Crisis Pregnant Center as the Clinic Services Director. I love what I'm doing but we both miss our children and grandchildren. Three of our kids live close to some of you! Our daughter Bernadette, lives in Wilsonville, OR with her husband, who pastors, and their two children. Sam, our son, lives with them while he attends Portland State. Our youngest daughter, Lindsay, works for a Mortgage Lending firm as an accountants executive. She is still single. We did have our other two daughters in Romania but one, Jerusha, just came back to the states with her husband and adopted daughter for the birth of their new daughter who was born here in Moscow. Now they are living in Olympia, WA at a Bible Camp where Greg, her husband, is the program director. Our oldest daughter, Rebekah, is still living in Romania (has been there for 8 yrs.) working with orphans. She has adopted two children and has twins in the process of adoption. She married in '05' her daughter's brother-if that doesn't blow your mind?? Remember her adopted daughter who is quite a bit younger than her brother. They have recently opened a family center for orphans and have taken 8 children to love and care for. So we have 8 grandchildren whom we miss greatly! We wonder sometimes what in the world we are doing in northern ID where there are at times strange cults and some very independent, self reliant folks. It's a very interesting place where U. of ID resides as well as Wash. State 8 miles away. So we have a bit of culture plus a popular jazz influence. Hopefully, we are reaching out with love to help others and make a positive difference in their lives.

I look forward to reconnecting with a valued part of my family! Blessings, Nikki

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Nikki.... we are up here in the NE corner of Washington State... Colville, 80+ miles north of Spokane. Not all that far from you I guess. And yes... we have some interesting folks that live in this area as well.
GOT SNOW???
We have about 18 inches now. Not really a lot compared to some year.
Bunny

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki, glad to see you checked the blog out. I've been getting some pictures ready to post from the DVD I sent you. Also, got an email from Shirley St. Clair, uncle Oba's daughter, and she said she had a bunch of pictures of dad. Later.

Frank St.Clair Clan said...

Hi Bunny,

Glad to hear that someone else is close to me! If either of us has a chance we will have to hook up! Yes, we do have snow that stays on the ground due to the cold weather we have. I'm ready for it to warm up! We use to live up in your neck of the woods-Kettle Falls. My husband worked at the Kettle Falls Youth Ranch where we also lived. It's beautiful up there! How many children and grandchildren do you have? Take care! Nikki

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,

As you can see from my last comment instead of saying Nikki said it says Fank St.Clair Clan says. How do I change that?? This is definitely new for me!! I will try at some point to post some pictures of our family for the clan. This is loads of fun! Your sis, Nikki

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess what I did actually worked! Amazing! Nikki

Anonymous said...

If under "Choose an identity", you click "Other", it gives you the opportunity to put in your name. Jay

Anonymous said...

Nikki,
I put my family information onto that list that Carol put on there. See the comments about it as it is sorta confusing on the original message.
Yes, it would be fun to get together.
Jim and I both ride Harley's... maybe we will get over in your neck of the woods sometime. We are anxiously waiting for spring and riding weather. But we have a 1/2 mile driveway that does not usually loose all its snow and ice until May sometime.
Bunny