Saturday, January 20, 2007

Greetings from Jay St. Clair


Hey Everyone, greetings from Elvis country (he has left the building),

Isn't the internet wonderful. This is almost as wonderful as a family reunion. What a great place to keep in touch and share memories. I've never been much of a letter writer, but use email all the time in my job, so if I tend to post incomplete sentences, etc., apologize up front.



Right after Rian (and Gina) called last night, I spent about 2 hours looking at the Blog. Great job Carol. Bless you for getting this started.



















I'm going to make this initial post short. Will send more later. The first picture above is the Howard St. Clair children taken at a reunion in 2003 (left to right, me, Robby, Caryn (Cox), Eric, Laurie, Lisa, Nikki). The second picture I estimated was taken in 1934 (someone please correct if I'm wrong), and the 3rd was taken in 1985 (estimate again) at Aunt Marian's house. I won't list names here or in the future where it is obvious to you all who they are. I've got a lots more pictures and will post in the future. Hopefully, these will be new to you all.

By the way, I have my own email address, stclair.jay@gmail.com. gmbstclair@gmail.com is Glada's. Send to either of us (we share). I'll also post Laurie's, Nikki's, and Lisa's email addresses later (they're the only ones who have email). I want to let them know about this blog first. I also have some genealogy information in PDF format that I will be glad to forward to anyone interested. This information was compiled by Laurie (working with Aunt Marian) back in the 80's. Would guess some, if not most of you, may already have this. Laurie mentioned to me a while back that she was getting back into genealogy, so I'm sure she will be excited about this blog and what you all are doing.

Later, Jay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,
It's wonderful hearing from you and I can't wait for more! Excellent photos , we'll be looking forward to your next entries.
Love that photo of all of you.....I only recognized you and Nikki! When you get the time maybe you could mention where you all are in age because you all look so great it's hard to tell! Jay,Laurie,Nikki, Robby? I'm lost after that! :-)

Frank St.Clair Clan said...

I was just re-reading this post and was remembering in my younger years , hitch-hiking out to Arkansas and staying with the family for a short bit --gees what a memory ! If anyone would like to hear -- I guess I could share -- seems like it was a chicken farm and I was the ONLY one that wasen't responcible --more later if anyone want's to hear love you all ~Rian~

Anonymous said...

Just looking thru the blog and spotted this entry from you Rian..I for one would love to hear the Chicken farm story......and any others you have from your wild (to me ) days of hitchhiking and/ or traveling around the country.
Love ya,
Peggi