Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Clock

Hi all,
I just had to get in on all this fun. Have been enjoying all the comments and Bios, so glad you started this Carol.

You mentioned the clock at the Lorane house I believe it is the one that I still have, though it doesn't work anymore. It is an Ingraham Eight day mantle clock. The folks acquired it about the time we came to Oregon in 1930. I loved hearing it in the night when I was sick or just couldn't sleep. It was very comforting. I still move the hands occasionly just to hear the sound of it striking the hours and half hours. Takes me back. I liked to watch on Sunday mornings when Dad would go thru the little ritual of taking down the key and wind the clock for another week.

I hope you all keep this going
Marian Sanders

1 comment:

Carol said...

Too bad Oba or my Dad (Bruce) aren't still here... they would be able to fix the clock! :-) -Carol