Sunday, April 09, 2006

Instructions For Making Posts

Here I will give step-by-step instructions for making posts. I will e-mail the username and password to those requesting it.... for obvious reasons don't want to post it here.

1) Go to: www.blogger.com (click on "Old Blogger")
2) Type in username and password (I will send this to you via e-mail)

3) Click on "Sign In"

This brings you into what we call the "Dashboard"
4) Click on "New Post" (next to the + sign)

This brings up the posting page
5) Type in a Title and hit the tab button to get into the body of the text
6) Type the text of your entry
7) Be sure to sign your name so we know who made the post
8) Click on the orange "Publish Post" button below the text screen

9) Click on "Republish Entire Blog"
Let the system work until it says 100%. The post should now show when you refresh the page in your browzer.

10) Click on the "Sign Out" button in the upper right of the page

For putting in pictures, this system is easy but is a little tricky for placement. The system automatically places them ahead of text so just post the pictures and write the text afterwards. With some manipulation they can be placed, but don't worry about that right now.

To post a picture:
* Click on the square picture button on the tool bar (above text box). This is next to the "abc" box. From there you will need to follow the instructions for downloading the picture from wherever it is located (on your computer, disk, camera, etc).

Let me know if you have any trouble with these instructions. I'm glad to help. As I said before, if you e-mail me content I can post... or I can post from the "comments" section but it would be really nice for you to make your own posts.

Carol

No comments: