Monday, July 24, 2006

Bike Run to Montana



Hi everyone.
Just a note to tell you about our second camping trip on our bikes. Went to a Hawgs & Paws fundraiser bike run in Troy Montana this past weekend.... yes in all that heat. Think we fried a few brain cells -- it was a hot one. Well over 100 degrees in Libby -- near where we were.
The photo is of a run we went on on Saturday up into the boondocks above Troy. Up the Yaak River and around and back into Libby and into Troy. Fun old fashioned saloon in Yaak.
The bike on the far right is mine and the next one is Jim's.
The scenery was beautiful. But we almost cooked ourselves before we got back into Troy and what is called the Home Bar where they had BBQ dinner for us. The camp was at a ranch above Troy... with free dinners, breakfast and drinks, including beer. Had live music both Friday night and Saturday night. We had a great time, but could have used cooler weather.
Rode over 500 miles in the 3 days-- which is a huge amount for me. I even stripped off all my leathers and even the helmet cause it was so hot. Did wear a long sleeve shirt that I soaked with water every chance I got.
The second photo is of Jim and our friend Tony who we rode to and from the run with... Tony and Catherine Salamone -- crazy peeps.

Now, this next weekend we are off to Roseburg Oregon for my 40th class reunion. Stopping to see Rian and Gina on the way. Hope to take our 65 Mustang, but if it is still this hot, we may take my Explorer with air conditioning.

Two week ends later, I am off to Seattle for the BIG Pacific Northwest Quilt Fest where I will have a small quilt auctioned off, that has been traveling around the country for two years. One of my quilting buddies is going with me -- we should have fun.

Busy summer!!!

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bunny,
Loved the photos and hearing about everything you have planned for the summer.

Would have liked to jam down to Rian and Gina's to visit with you this weekend but already have a camp-out booked. Have fun at your reunion!

The heat is pretty bad here around Portland but finally the humidity dropped again so it doesn't feel quite as bad. I'm sure looking forward to camping out, hopefully it will be a little cooler up in the mountains.

Frank St.Clair Clan said...

Was really hoping you could get to Rian's on Friday when we will be there, but your camping trip sounds fun too.
I hope we don't die from the heat and driving the Mustang without air conditioning. I may head straight to the (cold)shower when we get to Rian and Gina's.
I sorta wish we had a weekend in between our bike trip and this Oregon trip. The heat took a lot outa me.
Gonna be expensive as well with the price of fuel. Oh well... we only live once that we know of and we can't take it with us. So I guess we will just "go for it".
Bunny