Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What a Wonderful Family



As someone who doesn't stay in contact with cousins in my family, I have to say that looking at the faces in this crowd were very inspiring, touching, and most of all, a large connection. Rian and I took on this endeavor hoping like heck that it would turn out to be an event that everyone would enjoy and remember. And it did. Only thanks to the many cousins that took part in making it happen. Lance and Jeanie St Clair for the coffee in the early part of the day (I needed it badly!) and their helping hands in cooking. Wes and Velda St Clair for the chicken, and Rod and Karla for the burgers, and hot dogs. Lance and Rod did a spectacular job at the cooking. Absolutely astronomical job! Mike and Candy, thanks so much for your contribution of delicious baked beans. Kathy and Lucky, thanks for that awesome carrot cake. At one point I turned to attend to something, and those folks had cleaned up within fifteen minutes. If I messed up on who brought what...I apologize from the bottom of my heart! All food contributions were wonderful.
Bunny, Rian and I wanted say a special thank you for your beautiful workmanship on the quilt. We had no idea that you had planned this, and it brought tears to my eye. We still need to sign it ourselves, and when we do, this quilt will be cherished in our family for generations to come. We love you for that. And thank you, for bringing greatgrandma's quilts. You will always have a bed in our home!

Nikki V, thank you for the great job on the T-shirts. They are a welcome memento for this event.

And a big "thank you" to everyone for showing up. We were truly blessed with your attendance to this function that Carol and Shirley entrusted to us. We are still trying to figure out why they chose us, other than Rian's knack for staying in contact with as many people as he can, and being...shall we say...very persuasive about it.

We missed Marian St Clair Sanders' presence, but we will all share with her what we have gathered, and hope she feels better very soon.

An especially big thanks to those who came from far away. We hope it was well worth the trip to see all these fantastic people we call "our family".
We love you all dearly,
Gina and Rian

3 comments:

Carol said...

Awesome! Ya'all click on the image to enlarge so you can actually see our pretty faces! Hugs, Carol

Devin St. Clair said...

This blog is great! Jamie (My wife) and I wish we could have come along with dad and mom (Jay and Glada). Maybe one day we can meet everyone. None the less thank all of you for your efforts in compiling all this awesome info about our family.

God bless,

-Devin St. Clair (Son of Jay and Glada St. Clair, age 25, Millington, TN)

Glada said...

I am trying to find the parents of little Angelina who was at the reunion. I don't remember her mother's name, and she was about five years old. They were at Ryan's house after the picnic. Also, Alice, I left my Reeves book in the airport, either in Spokane, or Minneapolis. Will you please send me another one? I was right in the middle of it.
God Bless,
Glada St.Clair (Jay's wife)