Sunday, March 25, 2007

reunion quilt

Ok... I need to hear from the quilters in our family. We do need to get together to start planning the quilt as summer 2008 and the reunion will be here before we know it.

I have some thoughts and know a few of you do as well. We need to consolodate our thoughts and make some decisions as to size, specific background fabric or not, if we want a theme or not and lots of other things, including deadlines for getting the blocks to one of us to sew together, getting it quilted, etc.

Velda and Glada -- you are the two other quilters in the family that I know of. Please e-mail me at cruize@theofficenet.com with your thoughts, etc. And if there are other quilters, please contact me as well. The more help planning this quilt the better... then ...........

the rest of you... be thinking about what you want to put on your quilt block. I believe we will want each family to make a block... probably something to do with you/your family/your life/hobbies/pets/kids/or whatever.

Rian and Gina are hard at work making lots of plans for this reunion.
Us quilters can take care of the quilt thing... contact me soon.

Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok guys and gals -- Spoke with Bunny , Glada & Velda , about the quilt , not sure who else is familiar with quilting so PLEASE don't feel bashful you other peoples , I guess we have to wait for instructions as to what us others can do to help , I for one remember hearing about our great grandmother making by hand a few tops of quilts to pass along to the family and I think we should all pitch in an do our part so as our children will remember our gatherings as we have all kinda went our own ways . How many of you folks remember seeing the quilt tops our GREAT grandmother made for us to remember her by ??I know of a few .I'm hoping Nance brings hers !I know that my wife and I are way busy doing our thing -- revamping houses and trucking , sometimes employing many others and involved with our own life with people that we don't know --- but I say -- sharing our lives with you folks is a way to kinda bring us back to reality , and hold hands with our grandparents thoughts about us being just common people working our way through life . I my self have worked like a animal to better my life and end up with ---- WHAT ? A small bunch of properties and a few trucks and trailers --- for WHAT ?? ---- Seems fruitless when I think of all you family members I so much admired as a child --- What the heck am I working for ????My children quite often ask -- "Dad" why are you working so hard ? I guess our grandfather must have felt the same -- not to compare me with grandpa----Do you folks feel the same ???We all are industrious people but maybe in different ways ---Ok --- Your turns. Someone else needs to say a bit . Love you all. ~Rian~