Sunday, November 19, 2006

Grandma Pansy's Deep Dish Apple Pie

Shirley St.Clair sent me an e-mail earlier in the week that she plans to post Aunt Marians blueberry pie recipe (when she finds it). But, that got me to looking for one of my favorite recipes:

Grandma Pansy's Deep Dish Apple Pie

TOPPING: Mix to crumble
1 cube butter
1 cub flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
add 1 egg

* * * * *

Peel, core and slice apples as for pie.
Put in oblong pan (8 x 11)
Shake 1/2 cup sugar (with some cinamon) over the apples.
Spread topping over the apple mixture
Bake at 350 degrees until apples are done and topping is brown... about 25 minutes.

YUM-O

Have a great Thanksgiving all!
Carol

3 comments:

Frank St.Clair Clan said...

Thanks Carol,
Sounds wonderful... think I may have this recipe in my recipes from Mom....but have not made it in years. I just happen to have some apples in the frig... and company coming for Thanksgiving.
Now I will have huckleberry, pumpkin and apple pie to serve.
Bunny

Frank St.Clair Clan said...

I love seeing a recipe of Grandma's. I have several. I make her Fresh Apple Cake every year at Christmas. I also have one for No-Bake Cookies and Venison Mincemeat.
Thanks for sharing, Nanc

Carol said...

Hope we can get some more recipes up. I'd ove to try them for nostalgia's sake. What better time than the holidays?