Friday, November 24, 2006

AK Thanksgiving


We had a very small gathering; My brother-Myron, son-Cooper, Mom-Marion, hubby-Rob. We ate early, at 2 PM rather than at the dinner hour. Then we just had leftovers for dinner too. We had the bird of course, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, 6-cup Fruit Salad, cranberry sauce and rolls. Mom made the rolls and brought them and of course I'd made a couple of pumpkin pies the previous day. Mom was going to make a strawberry-cream cheese pie, but the strawberries she'd purchased were freezer burnt.

I'd planned on making a chocolate cream pie from a new recipe, but decided not to because of Mom's planned pie. The pumpkin were plenty... only Myron and I could eat a piece right after dinner. It was a pretty quiet Thanksgiving, no kids to perk it up, but it was good food and conversation with family together. We visited Rob's folks in the evening with his brother and wife. The snow has stopped and it is clear and cold... only 15 degrees here this AM so will have to force myself to go for our daily walk. Enjoy your weekend all of you. I am so thankful to have such a great extended family.
Nanc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am your cousin-JoAnne Reeve we met years ago. I am a widow and live in small ca town near by daughter and grandchildren. I have just recently retired (Again!)Was called back in 2006 for 7 months. My grandson (13)& I just returned after 3 weeks in Texas visiting with my brother Lyle and his family there. Chat with you soon, JoAanne