Friday, April 13, 2007

Hi everyone, just checking out the posting process. Received my book from www.clearwatermuseum.org today, about Great Grandma and Grandpa Reeve, Bonds of Love and Laughter. I wanted everyone to know that mine came signed by Alice Reeve Scriber if you are interested in checking them out. It looks like very interesting reading to me, so can't wait to settle down and get comfy with it.

I'm sure everyone is busy this time of year when the weather is just getting nice enough to be outside. Not much going on in my family, just the usual busy schedule and squeezing time in to hang around my back yard during the brief sunny days we've had. Lots of small projects to keep me busy this year......do any of you have a yard project of interest? It's really fun to check out new ideas, and see what others think up to do. My first project this year was moving my strawberry bed over a foot or two from where it was located....believe it or not this is the third move it has had in the past 3 years. I think I'm done with it, enough is enough! Last year I planted tomatoes in 5 gal buckets (my yard is tiny) but I need to fertilize better this year...any tips? Also, my raised beds are made from concrete and I've just read that it will affect my soil......always something! Anyone know about that?

Happy Spring to all!
Love,
Peggi






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you got your copy of the book. We've been enjoying it very much.
We've got that small raised bed too, and we have problems with dryness. More potting soil and steer manure for both the tomatoes and the raised bed is the only suggestion we know of. AND MIRACLE GROW!!

Anonymous said...

Okay thanks, I'll try these things and see if it helps.

I'm on page 175 and plan to finish the book this weekend. Nikki was here visiting all day and we had a great time looking at the photos and discussing who was who in the book. Even Darian (age 10) was into it and seemed to have a fairly good grasp of different ones mentioned by the time we were through. She loved the photos of the girls, the clothing back then looks "fancy" to her. :-)