Sunday, April 08, 2007

Family - Spring time and gardening

We hope the rest of you folks are enjoing your time digging in the dirt and pulling weeds and such -- we planted some vegetables and some flowering plants as well as started germinating some seeds this weekend, feels so cool to make plans of making the yard a place to enjoy and look forward to seeing things grow . We even are trying to germinate a date palm seed from which we enjoyed the fruit from last fall. By the way -- we haven't seen much activity here for awhile --so what's up? like the kids say !--- We feel so lucky to have a place that we can come home to and make plans. I still feel so grateful for my life and family connections --- soooo much to hear and relate to ---As we go along we are hearing more and more of our family history and people, like for instance, "Lauri" who worked with Mom "Marian" to do the genealogy work that we all are enjoying these days! THANK YOU LAURIE! AND THANK YOU MOM!

We had a call from "Alice Powner" yesterday and WAS SO COOL to hear her enthusiasm!! A wonderful woman with MUCH knowledge!! I was so inspired with our talking! ----- I can only ask you folks to be brave enough to call or write her about information on our Grandmother's side! I know that this information is VERY important to me to pass onto our family, such as the the kids and to keep our personal family member's memories a part of thier lives as it seems there is only a few of us left to jab the rib cage of you folks and be brave enough to pester a calling for such things!

Please help me! I know that my kids don't know much and that's MY FAULT, I promise you ALL -- my children WILL be @ our gathering and probably be very curious who most of you are as I have failed to inform them and involve them --- so here we go and don't feel alone as most of us are the same in my opinion -- that is my admittance and guilt, and so be it!

Momma Gina and I are enjoying a nice weekend here @ the old place and looking forward to another week of hard work also -- how many of you folks remember the doings of macrame? Gina and I were upstairs just enjoying the other part of our home and I was admiring my sister "Sharon's" work as we have a piece of her macrame works hanging on a pair of snow shoes an old indian pal of mine had made --- anyhoos -- my sis did a nice job and I am QUITE proud of her work -- Hey Sharon -- would be nice to here from you ----I'm sure the rest of the family would love to here how you and your kids are doing ! PLEASE write when you can .

Love to all ~Rian&Gina~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why there are two postings on this. Sorry! Rian must have done it!!!

Anonymous said...

I removed the other one.
Bunny

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bun Bun

Nanc in AK said...

I did some macrame. A guy out at a logging camp taught me how. I thought it looked so hard... never thought I'd catch on. He had complete confidence in me and before I knew it I was doing it. I made many plant hangers back in my "hippie" days and made an owl wall hanging for my mom. I had a bunch of cord still and intructions for a hanging table that had a glass top that I thought looked very classy. Was going to do it as a gift for a friend and her hubby. Never got to it though and recently donated it to a gal who opened up a new little craft shop here in town and had several macrame items on display. I think Mom had the wall hanging in her cabin when it burnt down, but I still have a few plant hangers around.